It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hello everyone!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:41 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:26 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Michigan
Hey,
I'm just starting to work on my 2009 Liberty, and am just trying to set it up so that it is as effective as possible on the trails here in Michigan.
I'll be around,
Mike


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:27 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:08 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Michigan
Hi what part of Michigan?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:47 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:26 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Michigan
Upper Peninsula. I'm up in Houghton


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:08 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:08 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Michigan
Thanks for answering. I'm by Cadillac. Northern lower.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:12 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:26 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Michigan
No problem, yeah, I know where that is. Are there good trails in that area?

On second thought, I'm going to post a bit about what I'm attempting to figure out.
I'm trying to figure out a lift kit that will allow me to fit 31" tires. I'm also trying to figure out if that would require me to re-gear the transmission or what other modifications would be required. From what I've seen, with a 4" lift, the 31" tires should fit in the stock fenders. That's project number 1. Project number 2 would be finding a front and back replacement fender to get a better approach angle, like the kind sold by Rock Lizard.

That's my goal, for now at least. :JEEPIN:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Hello everyone!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:20 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:08 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Michigan
Yes lots of trails 2 tracks and 4 wheel parks. The Jeep Blessing is coming up May 3, 2014. It's not just for Jeeps. Family orientated, nice stock mod and extreme courses and a mud pit is usually what's offered.
Higher lifts bigger tires do have a lot of negatives. The biggest is to the wallet.
Read the good and bad on all you mentioned. But in the end it's your money.

Oh it's not the tranny that you regear, but the diff's.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:55 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Brazen wrote:
No problem, yeah, I know where that is. Are there good trails in that area?

On second thought, I'm going to post a bit about what I'm attempting to figure out.
I'm trying to figure out a lift kit that will allow me to fit 31" tires. I'm also trying to figure out if that would require me to re-gear the transmission or what other modifications would be required. From what I've seen, with a 4" lift, the 31" tires should fit in the stock fenders. That's project number 1. Project number 2 would be finding a front and back replacement fender to get a better approach angle, like the kind sold by Rock Lizard.

That's my goal, for now at least. :JEEPIN:


To fit 31s you're going to need 3.5 -4 inches of lift PLUS if you do not regear the front and rear diffs it will lose power and gas mileage. Sticking with 3 inches of lift and 30 inch tires would be cheaper in the long run
No one makes replacement fenders for the KK or for that matter the KJ either
Aftermarket bumper yes, fenders no

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:26 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Michigan
Sorry, I meant bumper not fenders. My bad.

With a 3" lift and 30" tires, I wouldn't have to re-gear the differentials?
Would there be other modifications I would have to make?

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:37 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:15 pm
Posts: 1
This is the first post I saw on here, and I'm from Michigan, and just bought an '09 Liberty. What a coincidence. Whats the price look like for a 3" Lift? And what would be a good source to find afyermarket bumpers? (Not trying to hijack your thread)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:44 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Brazen wrote:
Sorry, I meant bumper not fenders. My bad.

With a 3" lift and 30" tires, I wouldn't have to re-gear the differentials?
Would there be other modifications I would have to make?

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

30 inch you'll be fine as far as gearing
may want to look at JBA upper control arms I recommend them when you get in the 3 inch plus range

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:47 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
BbyINaMicrowave wrote:
This is the first post I saw on here, and I'm from Michigan, and just bought an '09 Liberty. What a coincidence. Whats the price look like for a 3" Lift? And what would be a good source to find afyermarket bumpers? (Not trying to hijack your thread)

3 inch full spring kit you're in the 800-900 range plus if you want aftermarket UCAs then tack on 400 more .
Aftermarket bumpers atthehelm and rocklizard both have them available, plus there will be a bolt on bracket to use TJ or JK bumpers on the front out soon as well
Hope that helps some
Lots of good info just read up
Oh and the front suspension on the KK is the same as a KJ so lots of info in the KJ and KK sides

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com