It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Account Issues
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:44 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Austin, TX
:furious: My account is not allowing me to PM other members. I've been trying to contact a site administrator for several weeks to no avail. If you are a site administrator or can otherwise assist, I would really appreciate it.

TIA,

Gary


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Account Issues
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:19 pm
Posts: 523
You now have one post, so I think you can PM now.

Don't think you can PM before you've made 1 post...

_________________
2005 Liberty Renegade, Bright Silver Metallic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Account Issues
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:44 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Austin, TX
Leeann,

Thank you for your response. However, :banghead: no such luck! I was temporarily able to PM before. I sent 2 messages and then, when I tried to send the next one, I received an error stating something like "Cannot send message so soon after the previous one.". However, it had been at least a day since the last message was sent. Now, when I attempt to PM, I don't receive any error messages and the message appears to post but it remains in my outbox having not been sent.

I would really appreciate it if you could PM a site administrator and forward my issue? Over the past several weeks, I have attempted to contact them through this forum and have also sent email directly to Administration@lostjeeps.com but have not received a response.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Account Issues
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:33 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:19 pm
Posts: 523
champdog wrote:
Now, when I attempt to PM, I don't receive any error messages and the message appears to post but it remains in my outbox having not been sent.


It will stay in your outbox until it is read by the recipient. No problem there, it's working as designed.

_________________
2005 Liberty Renegade, Bright Silver Metallic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Account Issues
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:44 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Austin, TX
Okay, but that seems counter intuitive. One would expect a message to move to your sent folder once it's been sent. I sent you a PM just to verify.

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Account Issues
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:47 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:19 pm
Posts: 523
Got it. That is how all forum software packages work.

_________________
2005 Liberty Renegade, Bright Silver Metallic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Account Issues
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:02 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:44 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Austin, TX
Thanks, Leeann!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Account Issues
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 8:22 pm
Posts: 572
Location: Westlake, Ohio
As Leeann pointed out, Private Messages in a forum aren't really "sent". They are really just posted like any other post in a private forum which only the recipient can view. The message that gets sent out (which some members can elect not to receive) is really just a notice that there is a message waiting. You can think of the "Outbox" thing as functioning like Message Receipt would in regular email. Once it's moved to the "Sent" category you know the party on the other end has actually seen it. :)

_________________
--Prof

927/948 OME Springs - Bilstein Shocks - JBA Upper Control Arms - Rage Black Widow Roof Basket - Viper 3606V Alarm System


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Account Issues
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:26 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Just seen this, sorry you think you are having issues but as they have explained above its how it works.
Like putting a letter in the mailbox, its going to sit there until the mailman picks it up. If the person never sees the message it could sit there for years

Welcome to LOST by the way

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com