It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: AC and heater at the same time???
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:36 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:18 am
Posts: 174
Location: BILOXI MS
Looking at some old posts came across where if you have the heater on the defrost mode or your feet or a combination of both the air conditioner comes on even when the dial set to hot and the AC buttons off so this morning I went out and checked my liberty and it does turn the heater on defroster or your feet and the AC compressor kicks on why does this happen there must be some reason but I sure can't figure it out plan on doing the modification to correct this in the spring before it starts getting cold again unless someone can give me a good reason why I shouldn't


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AC and heater at the same time???
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:57 pm
Posts: 2663
Location: Boise, Idaho
It dehumidifies the air making your defrost setting more effective at defogging the windows. I've removed AC in several rigs, and my window is a bit tougher to defog, but I've eliminated several points of failure, and parts I never have to maintain, remove, purchase etc.

_________________
05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AC and heater at the same time???
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:29 pm
Posts: 747
You can disable auto-A/C on floor level positions by doing this (non-destructive method). For a happy compressor, be sure to periodically use your A/C, even in the winter.

Image


I went a step further to create a fresh-air vent mode for fan level 1 (sacrificing fan level 4).

Image

_________________
SasquatchParts.com

Supporting Vendor

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AC and heater at the same time???
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:36 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:18 am
Posts: 174
Location: BILOXI MS
would u recommend disabling it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AC and heater at the same time???
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:40 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:29 pm
Posts: 747
I did it because I prefer manual control of A/C. Sometimes I want it on windshield/feet when it's not raining, for example.

_________________
SasquatchParts.com

Supporting Vendor

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com