It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2026 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Drivers seat "electronic seat panel"
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:55 pm
Posts: 22
So amongst all the things that have happened with the Jeep, somewhere along the lines of repairing either I did it, or one of the techs broke the Drivers side electronic seat panel. I am not really sure what to call it, I have been looking around on Ebay and we have no junkyards near me that have my vehicle. Would anyone happen to know of the parts number and/or a manual that would tell me how to install a new one?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivers seat "electronic seat panel"
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:15 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:03 am
Posts: 1503
Location: S.W Washington
Part #s are a problem because of all the different color options.
Call your local dealer and ask the parts guy how much and part #. They will need your VIN so have that handy.
Before doing any work on the Jeep, disconnect the Neg (-) battery cable and wait 10 minutes!
This will allow time for the airbag capacitors to discharge.

I don't have a power front seat so I am not sure how the power seat switch cover is held in place. I believe it is just clipped on. I don't see any mention of screws in the parts or service manual.

_________________
07 KA Light Khaki, Manual trany.
2.5" Adjust-A-Strut JBA lift, Euro taillights,
Home made; Front Tilt Hood, Roof Rack, RAM Air, & CAI.
ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivers seat "electronic seat panel"
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:45 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:55 pm
Posts: 22
Scar0 wrote:
Part #s are a problem because of all the different color options.
Call your local dealer and ask the parts guy how much and part #. They will need your VIN so have that handy.
Before doing any work on the Jeep, disconnect the Neg (-) battery cable and wait 10 minutes!
This will allow time for the airbag capacitors to discharge.

I don't have a power front seat so I am not sure how the power seat switch cover is held in place. I believe it is just clipped on. I don't see any mention of screws in the parts or service manual.




Scar, you one again save my booty. The disconnection of the battery was going to be my next question ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivers seat "electronic seat panel"
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:11 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:03 am
Posts: 1503
Location: S.W Washington
:D
Keep us posted on how things go.

_________________
07 KA Light Khaki, Manual trany.
2.5" Adjust-A-Strut JBA lift, Euro taillights,
Home made; Front Tilt Hood, Roof Rack, RAM Air, & CAI.
ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com