It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The New Liberty?......
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:58 pm 
Jeep released a drawing of the concept Compass which resembles a Liberty (from the front anyway).

Thoughts?....


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:05 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:43 am
Posts: 188
Location: LOST IN MARYLAND
WOW!! I (my wife) needs another Jeep.

_________________
Mitch

L.O.S.T.#MJ064206
Owings Mills, Maryland
Sport 05
Black
2 L.O.S.T. Stickers
Hook and Hitch added

kjlostcookbook@gmail.com
The L.O.S.T. Cookbook is in the works


Last edited by mjfoto on Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:11 pm 
Yeah, ME TOO.....


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:41 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
ick.

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:53 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:34 am
Posts: 503
Location: Richmond, CA
looks like a car :-(

_________________
2005 Blue KJ Renegade
Too big to fit into most LA parking garages.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:22 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:48 pm
Posts: 861
Location: Aurora, CO
This looks more like the "next" Liberty.

Patriot

_________________
Jeremy - Aurora, CO
L.O.S.T. #0

Future:
2016 Hydro Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock

Previous:
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Sold!
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Dealer buyback
2003 Silver KJ Freedom 4x4 - Sold!
32s, Frankenlift, BBars, onboard air, dirt.
KJ EVIC Install


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:38 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 257
Location: kerrville texas
Oh yea, I like the Patriot a lot better than Compass.

_________________
THANKS, BILL
02 Sport, factory skids, tow package, front tow hooks
Cooper STT 245/75/16
offroad package, pioneer head unit.
Rockfather I, LOST decal
LOST #040306


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:07 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:04 pm
Posts: 45
Location: San Diego, CA
JJsKJ wrote:
ick.


What he said. This must be what happens when the same people who design Mercedes automobiles are turned loose on the Jeep product line. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:09 pm 
CtrlAltDel wrote:
JJsKJ wrote:
ick.


What he said. This must be what happens when the same people who design Mercedes automobiles are turned loose on the Jeep product line. :D
Yeah I agree. I just hope Jeep doesn't go the way HD did when willie g sold to AMF. :shock:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:39 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:56 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Central IL
Easy there on the speculation. I wouldn't be to worried that the front end of the Compass looks like a KJ. After all, the KJ is a Jeep and they want this new Compass to look like a Jeep as well. I was built to look like a Jeep even though it is more car like :?

I can't see jeep dumping the Liberty just yet either; they just re-freshed it for '05 and went though the trouble of putting a diesel in it. If DCX were going to replace KJ with the Compass or this Patriot they would have tested the diesel in the new Grand Cherokee or in a Dakota.

I also don't think that Compass drawing is a very good representation of the Compass. The spy shots of it in the camo look a little more off the ground and more upright (less stream line). I'm not saying I like or dislike the Compass, but expect more crossover features than what that DCX drawing shows.

_________________
'02 KJ Limited 4x4, trac-loc, factory skids, self installed rear hitch, trailer breaks, & trans-cooler, custom crossrails/canoe rack.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:42 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:37 am
Posts: 522
Location: Laredo, TX
i like the Wrangler Rescue more.

_________________
Chris

2005 Renegade
Frankenlift
245/75/16 Goodyear MT/Rs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:44 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
Digging the Patriot. :shock:

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:04 pm 
GregB wrote:
I can't see jeep dumping the Liberty just yet either; they just re-freshed it for '05 and went though the trouble of putting a diesel in it. If DCX were going to replace KJ with the Compass or this Patriot they would have tested the diesel in the new Grand Cherokee or in a Dakota.
If I were a betting man, I would disagree. Simply because many Jeep (4X4) faithful fear the future of the Jeep line-up is going IFS. What better Jeep than the KJ to test diesel and or future IFS vehicles.

GregB wrote:
I also don't think that Compass drawing is a very good representation of the Compass. The spy shots of it in the camo look a little more off the ground and more upright (less stream line). I'm not saying I like or dislike the Compass, but expect more crossover features than what that DCX drawing shows.
???? This is a concept drawing by DC.

Gringo Loco wrote:
i like the Wrangler Rescue more.
I agree. I think the Rescue is the best concept Jeep has done yet!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:58 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:11 pm
Posts: 761
Location: West, THE LONE STAR STATE
Gringo Loco wrote:
i like the Wrangler Rescue more.


I like it too!

_________________
'13 JK Unlimited
'07 Goat 4x4
Old School L.O.S.T. Member
L.O.S.T. #DA050656
Republica de Tejas


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:18 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:04 pm
Posts: 45
Location: San Diego, CA
GregB wrote:
I can't see jeep dumping the Liberty just yet either; they just re-freshed it for '05 and went though the trouble of putting a diesel in it. If DCX were going to replace KJ with the Compass or this Patriot they would have tested the diesel in the new Grand Cherokee or in a Dakota.


The webpage mentions "global portfolio expansion" in the first sentence, which I would take to mean that the Compass would *add* to the Jeep line-up rather than replace an existing model.

The Rescue is the only one of the bunch that I would even consider buying...looks kinda cool. But, is it just me, or does it look an awful lot like a Hummer?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 257
Location: kerrville texas
I think it looks a lot like the hummer to. But thats ok cause it has all those years of Jeep experenice behind it not GM..

_________________
THANKS, BILL
02 Sport, factory skids, tow package, front tow hooks
Cooper STT 245/75/16
offroad package, pioneer head unit.
Rockfather I, LOST decal
LOST #040306


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:50 pm 
Offline
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:20 pm
Posts: 1049
Location: Yelm, WA
I'm still holding out for the Gladiator 8)

_________________
Pete
L.O.S.T. #PC050458
'04 Timberland Green Sport w/stuff...
'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:06 pm
Posts: 183
Location: SoCal
that's not a jeep, it's the dodge magnum in disguise

_________________
--Polly

99 Wrangler Sport, Amethyst *~* 9500 lb Mile Marker Winch *~* Bestop Mesh Windows *~* Michelin LTX M/S *~* Custom Rock Shift Knob *~* Cobra 75 WX ST *~* 3" Boulder Bars *~* Full Husky Liners *~* Aiwa Deck *~* JKS Disco's *~* Garmin 60 CS *~* Kilby Gas tank skid *~* Poison Spyder Diff Ring


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 257
Location: kerrville texas
So when is the Gladiator due to be release?

_________________
THANKS, BILL
02 Sport, factory skids, tow package, front tow hooks
Cooper STT 245/75/16
offroad package, pioneer head unit.
Rockfather I, LOST decal
LOST #040306


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:29 am 
Offline
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:20 pm
Posts: 1049
Location: Yelm, WA
I keep getting told by DC that the Gladiator is still in the concept phase and no prices or dates can be released to the public yet. :roll:

_________________
Pete
L.O.S.T. #PC050458
'04 Timberland Green Sport w/stuff...
'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com