TFR wrote:
Here's what I had. Direct from dealer print out.
3 glow plugs
1 ECU
1 Flash upgrade and a wiring problem with the injectors
1 boost sensor
Now a recall for ball joints.
We love the Jeep and don't intend to sell it. I thought if I raised enough hell they might give me a break on the cost after the warranty.
Also, does the 7/70 warranty cover every engine parts? i.e. glow plugs, injectors, ...
Depends on the definition of an engine part. Check the fine print in your warranty book. For instance, there is a significant argument over the EGR parts which are itemized as excluded after the 3/36 expires. Diesel engine manufacturers are notorious for not covering fuel injection parts, will always state it was "mis-fueled" and renig on the warranty. I suggest you shop an extended b2b warranty for the rest of the items. I got a 7yr/100K mile, zero-deductible (covers the $100/visit deductible in the 7/70) for @ $1200 when I bought the Jeep.