Glad it went well. LOOKS GREAT!!!!!
2006 KJ wrote:
another word of advice is to make sure when making your holes to be forward on the roof where is says in the directions. if you drill the holes too far back you'll drill into the roof's inner ribs which are very very had and you wont be able to get the nutzert in. the directions for this part is confusing.. just use the measurement closest to the front of your jeep

2006 KJ,
As you mentioned this it started me thinking about my pending install. I am about to install the Gecko Roof Basket from RL on my K in place of the EOM roof rails. I have not dropped the headliner out yet but I was wondering about any structural ribs in the locations of the OEM roof Rails mounting locations. Does anybody have pics of their INSIDE of the roof with out the headliner? I am looking to run wires for the 4 lights and the CB antenna cable INSIDE the tubing of the Gecko. I want to pass it through the roof at the driver's side front mount between the mounting bolts there by keeping the wiring concealed.
I began to wonder about my challanges in making this penetration.
Any pics? Thanks in advance.
Jerbacher, Looks GREAT Congrats!!!! How was the wiring?