It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:47 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 5334
Location: Biggest Little City
Could be an issue. Not sure to be honest. Better safe than sorry in my book. I still might add a 4th puck on each side.

_________________
My Jeep Build ----> Big Black
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:50 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Inc wrote:
Could be an issue. Not sure to be honest. Better safe than sorry in my book. I still might add a 4th puck on each side.


X2, better to be safe than sorry...................... So how did you mount 3 pucks in a row?

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:51 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 5334
Location: Biggest Little City
Stacked just like the ones in the beginning of the thread.

_________________
My Jeep Build ----> Big Black
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:55 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Inc wrote:
Stacked just like the ones in the beginning of the thread.


So you ran a bolt through all three pucks?

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 5334
Location: Biggest Little City
dieselenthusiast wrote:
Inc wrote:
Stacked just like the ones in the beginning of the thread.


So you ran a bolt through all three pucks?

Yep, and counter sunk the last one so the bolt head sits flush with the top of the top puck.

_________________
My Jeep Build ----> Big Black
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:00 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Inc wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:
Inc wrote:
Stacked just like the ones in the beginning of the thread.


So you ran a bolt through all three pucks?

Yep, and counter sunk the last one so the bolt head sits flush with the top of the top puck.


Have you noticed a reduction in articulation by adding 3 pucks. I’d think 4 pucks would slightly reduce rear flex.

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:04 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 5334
Location: Biggest Little City
No I haven't. There is an older thread where, at the time I had 2 per side, and I was concerned going to 3 but The rule seems to be for every inch of lift, an inch of bumpstop. The Franky being a 2.5" lift I figured 3" of stops would be fine. And no loss that I can tell at all from going to 3". I need to put in four pucks and see what happens I guess. I netted 4" above stock so that rule kind of leads me to think I'll be fine with 4" stops too.

_________________
My Jeep Build ----> Big Black
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:07 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Inc wrote:
No I haven't. There is an older thread where, at the time I had 2 per side, and I was concerned going to 3 but The rule seems to be for every inch of lift, an inch of bumpstop. The Franky being a 2.5" lift I figured 3" of stops would be fine. And no loss that I can tell at all from going to 3". I need to put in four pucks and see what happens I guess. I netted 4" above stock so that rule kind of leads me to think I'll be fine with 4" stops too.


Sounds good to me. I guess each puck is 1” inch in thickness, so 4 pucks would be 4 inches of bumpstop, not including the Frankenlift jounce bumper. Let us know how the 4 pucks work out.

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:10 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 5334
Location: Biggest Little City
I'm not sure I'll ever do it to be honest. I'll need to refigure for my OME 864s anyway when I slap those under there.

_________________
My Jeep Build ----> Big Black
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:30 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Inc wrote:
I'm not sure I'll ever do it to be honest. I'll need to refigure for my OME 864s anyway when I slap those under there.


OME 864's? :?

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:40 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
dieselenthusiast wrote:
Inc wrote:
I'm not sure I'll ever do it to be honest. I'll need to refigure for my OME 864s anyway when I slap those under there.


OME 864's? :?


SFA! :wink:

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 5334
Location: Biggest Little City
:D

_________________
My Jeep Build ----> Big Black
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:45 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
:shock:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:37 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 1776
Location: Metairie,Mt.Hermon La.
:shock: :shock:

_________________
Bub
06 Inop Edition CRD Silver
06 Inop Edition CRD Green


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
come on diesel! who isnt doing an SFA now days?! lol :lol:

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:03 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
jsc7002 wrote:
come on diesel! who isnt doing an SFA now days?! lol :lol:


So does this mean you are too................ 8)

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:56 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
dieselenthusiast wrote:
jsc7002 wrote:
come on diesel! who isnt doing an SFA now days?! lol :lol:


So does this mean you are too................ 8)


...ya sadly lol I just bought the HP D30 and I have found the gears, steering box and diff cover Ill get and I already have a DTT in my D30A and Ill remove it and install it in the HP D30 I still need to find a long arm kit bc I dont want to make that. I really dont have the money to be doing it but Im just piecing it together right now, it'll be a couple years before I actually start...or tell my parents lol :twisted:

I still need to work on my unibody stiffeners too. :roll: Im just been lazy lately on working on my KJ. I might not even have a chance to finish them until the summer.

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:48 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
jsc7002 wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:
jsc7002 wrote:
come on diesel! who isnt doing an SFA now days?! lol :lol:


So does this mean you are too................ 8)


...ya sadly lol I just bought the HP D30 and I have found the gears, steering box and diff cover Ill get and I already have a DTT in my D30A and Ill remove it and install it in the HP D30 I still need to find a long arm kit bc I dont want to make that. I really dont have the money to be doing it but Im just piecing it together right now, it'll be a couple years before I actually start...or tell my parents lol :twisted:


Wow, good for you………… 8) 8) Sounds like all the cool kids are doing the SFA. 8) 8) After hanging out with the LOST ROCKIES (Rock Lizard, tjkj2002, USAFCOP - which by the way, they are all doing SFA’s), the wife told me, “If you want a real Jeep, then get a Wrangler cause you ain’t touchin’ my Liberty.” :shock: You have to remember that all she heard was tjkj2002 saying stuff like “$20,000 + dollars for an SFA.” :shock: So, hopefully I’ll be starting my 4 door JK build this summer. 8) 8) I’m already buying parts from Europe for a diesel swap………….. :twisted: Fun Times…………….. :D
Image
Image
[img]http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/images/smilies/93C_peelout[1].gif[/img]

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:58 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
dieselenthusiast wrote:
jsc7002 wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:
jsc7002 wrote:
come on diesel! who isnt doing an SFA now days?! lol :lol:


So does this mean you are too................ 8)


...ya sadly lol I just bought the HP D30 and I have found the gears, steering box and diff cover Ill get and I already have a DTT in my D30A and Ill remove it and install it in the HP D30 I still need to find a long arm kit bc I dont want to make that. I really dont have the money to be doing it but Im just piecing it together right now, it'll be a couple years before I actually start...or tell my parents lol :twisted:


Wow, good for you………… 8) 8) Sounds like all the cool kids are doing the SFA. 8) 8) After hanging out with the LOST ROCKIES (Rock Lizard, tjkj2002, USAFCOP - which by the way, they are all doing SFA’s), the wife told me, “If you want a real Jeep, then get a Wrangler cause you ain’t touchin’ my Liberty.” :shock: You have to remember that all she heard was tjkj2002 saying stuff like “$20,000 + dollars for an SFA.” :shock: So, hopefully I’ll be starting my 4 door JK build this summer. 8) 8) I’m already buying parts from Europe for a diesel swap………….. :twisted: Fun Times…………….. :D
Image
Image
[img]http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/images/smilies/93C_peelout[1].gif[/img]


haha nice, a diesel JK would be really cool though. So what plans do you have for the JK besides the diesel engine? yeah I got a really good deal for the axle so I couldnt pas it up, he only wanted $50 for it so I figured why not?? lol

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:20 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
jsc7002 wrote:

haha nice, a diesel JK would be really cool though. So what plans do you have for the JK besides the diesel engine? yeah I got a really good deal for the axle so I couldnt pas it up, he only wanted $50 for it so I figured why not?? lol


I'm nearing the end of my KJ project, so I'm looking forward to the JK project. I'll enjoy my CRD JK for a while before I start modifications. My next project will be an XJ, which I hope to start next year. I'm almost done with school, so I’ll have time to work on some of this stuff....................unless if I go back to school. :shock:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com