It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Check Tire Light On
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:33 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:57 pm
Posts: 387
Location: Buchanan, MI
Hmm......The tire light with an exclamation point keeps popping up, periodically, but I can't find a reason why. I've checked the pressures on all 4 tires and the spare, and they're all good. Is there anything else that I would cause the light to come on? :shock:

_________________
E.E.P. for my Jeep (EMPTYING EVERY POCKET)
2004 Limited - Stock no more
JcrOffroad sliders-Trail tested, mud approved
Frankenlifted
Al's A-Arms
Stock Skids
235/70/16 Cooper Discoverer HTPs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:01 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:06 am
Posts: 166
Location: Melbourne Australia
I notice you have a 2004 model.
It could be that the battery in one of the wheel sensors has gone flat.
I wonder what the battery life is. Anyone have an idea?

_________________
07 Cherokee/Liberty Limited 4x4
CRDStu 2.5" Lift, JBA's 4.5 UCA's
ARB Winch Bar, WARN XD9000 Winch
Light-Force 170's
3.7 Petrol / Auto
Sun Roof
Tow Pack,Scan GuageII
Reversing Camera
(pretty much stock, really)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:56 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:52 am
Posts: 696
Location: Winter Garden, FL
The TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) sucks! I have had 3 go out do far and I have a fourth doing the same thing as you Questman. And the worst part is the sensors are like 80$ a piece. So its not worth it anymore for me to go out and buy a new one if my tire isn't flat. But I just let it go. But just make sure like before u leave anywhere that ur tire isn't like noticeably flat just for pre-caution

_________________
05 KJ Limited (fully loaded)
2.5in Daystar front spacer/OME HD rear coils
Rancho RSX shocks
31x10.5x15 BFG AT on black steels
Front and rear tow hooks
Polk audio db6501 full range speakers and tweeters
12" Kicker Comp CVR sub


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:55 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:57 pm
Posts: 387
Location: Buchanan, MI
Quote:
But just make sure like before u leave anywhere that ur tire isn't like noticeably flat just for pre-caution


No sweat. That's what my CO2 tank is for. :D It's just annoying, and I wanted to make sure there wasn't something worse happening. So far, since Friday, I've replaced the rear brakes and calipers, one of the coil packs, then found out the lbjs are bad again, and now the tie rods are 'not in the best shape'. :?

For the last two years, Libby gets cranky just about every August. :roll: I think, with just over 90k, she's trying to quietly tell me she's NOT as young as she used to be. Maybe I should just baby her with a little extra carnauba on her hood, and a warm bottle of Amsoil for her tummy.
(Then pray nothing ELSE falls apart) :shock:

Seriously, I'll keep a check on the tire pressures, just to be safe. As for the battery life of those TPMS, I'm curious how long they last too. Replacing them gets a little expensive.

_________________
E.E.P. for my Jeep (EMPTYING EVERY POCKET)
2004 Limited - Stock no more
JcrOffroad sliders-Trail tested, mud approved
Frankenlifted
Al's A-Arms
Stock Skids
235/70/16 Cooper Discoverer HTPs


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com