It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Windshield Bottle Relocation Write-up
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:20 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:58 am
Posts: 820
Location: Ohio
Anybody know a thread with a good write-up for relocating the washer bottle, or has anyone done this and have some pics of how/where you mounted it?

_________________
L.O.S.T.# AM091337
2006 Voodoo Edition
EVIC
Franken/Jacked
265/75 Duratracs
Skid Row Skids
RED LED Overheads and Footwells
Custom TJ Bumper
4x 100w Hellas on rack
Nokya Hi-Watt headlight bulbs
Blacked Stockers
Thrush Welded muffler
K&N Filter
Custom Boiler Rack

Soon:More Lights, ARB/Winch


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windshield Bottle Relocation Write-up
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:22 am
Posts: 201
Location: Richmond, VA
VoodooMann wrote:
Anybody know a thread with a good write-up for relocating the washer bottle, or has anyone done this and have some pics of how/where you mounted it?


I recently relocated mine. I'll try to get som pics up this weekend. Not much to it. Bought a universal overflow bottle and a universal pump. Only problem I have is the rear washer no longer works, but I rarely used it.

_________________
2002 Jeep Liberty Sport with Trak-Loc
3" lift: OME struts, springs and shocks; Jeepin by Al UCAs and strut spacers
Full skids by Rusty's Offroad and Mopar
245/75/R16 Dunlop A/Ts on Procomp Soft 8s
A few lights and performance mods.

http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:28 pm 
Offline
Only in a Jeep!
Only in a Jeep!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:49 pm
Posts: 3966
Location: OHIO, Indian Trail-North Carolina
I got mine at advanced auto parts... there were 2 sizes.....

If you do not have the computer crap to the left of the washer bottle you can you use the bigger size overflow tank.. I had to use the small one...

I just cut a hole in the overflow tank, used the original pump and sealed it up with some Plumbing GOOP.... Works like a charm!

Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:43 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:58 am
Posts: 820
Location: Ohio
how in the %^&* did you get the old bottle out?!!?

I can get mine to drop about 3" before getting stuck, not to mention removing all the wiring to get the darn thing off.

_________________
L.O.S.T.# AM091337
2006 Voodoo Edition
EVIC
Franken/Jacked
265/75 Duratracs
Skid Row Skids
RED LED Overheads and Footwells
Custom TJ Bumper
4x 100w Hellas on rack
Nokya Hi-Watt headlight bulbs
Blacked Stockers
Thrush Welded muffler
K&N Filter
Custom Boiler Rack

Soon:More Lights, ARB/Winch


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:02 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:38 pm
Posts: 786
Location: on the bayou
"how in the %^&* did you get the old bottle out?!!?" Hacksaw, Dremmel, and box cutter. At least that's how I got mine out.

03CDKJ,
Great pics. What did you do about the sensor? Any issues with the fluid splashing out? I have problems w/ both, not to mention it draining out of the pump hole from not being sealed well enough. I'll try the Goop.

thanks,
mike


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com