It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Taking off the air dam?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:55 pm 
I feel so stupid. Ive taken off all the little plastic clips and screws I can find, but i cant get the air dam to come off. I think theres some interlocking pieces with the fender and maybe the bumper? Anyone have any suggestions or help?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taking off the air dam?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:01 pm 
Well actually I just found these two little plastic screws... but they have circular screw heads? how the hell does that work? I cant even pry them off. Am I really this incapable? suggestions?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taking off the air dam?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:11 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:58 am
Posts: 820
Location: Ohio
they are plastic rivets.

If you drill the center out it should pop right off.

_________________
L.O.S.T.# AM091337
2006 Voodoo Edition
EVIC
Franken/Jacked
265/75 Duratracs
Skid Row Skids
RED LED Overheads and Footwells
Custom TJ Bumper
4x 100w Hellas on rack
Nokya Hi-Watt headlight bulbs
Blacked Stockers
Thrush Welded muffler
K&N Filter
Custom Boiler Rack

Soon:More Lights, ARB/Winch


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taking off the air dam?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:15 pm 
Nevermind... I got it! Perspicacity pays off.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taking off the air dam?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:17 pm 
Thanks. I ended up just breaking them because I was getting frustrated.

It looks a lot nicer. It probably shouldn't have taken 40 minutes though.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taking off the air dam?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:19 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:58 am
Posts: 820
Location: Ohio
it always takes more time when you are trying not to break anything :wink:

_________________
L.O.S.T.# AM091337
2006 Voodoo Edition
EVIC
Franken/Jacked
265/75 Duratracs
Skid Row Skids
RED LED Overheads and Footwells
Custom TJ Bumper
4x 100w Hellas on rack
Nokya Hi-Watt headlight bulbs
Blacked Stockers
Thrush Welded muffler
K&N Filter
Custom Boiler Rack

Soon:More Lights, ARB/Winch


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taking off the air dam?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:28 pm 
of course. but I still ended up breaking the 3 round rivets. All in all, I dont think its that big of a deal that they're gone. If I ever put it back on (which I doubt) theres still 100 billion other things to keep in there.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taking off the air dam?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:30 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:43 pm
Posts: 284
Location: Troy, OH
I took five of these white fasteners off first and then tugged/slid air dam off. Maybe this will help others. Sorry I was too late for your too late :pepper: Image

_________________
08 Liberty Sport,Red Rock
4spd auto, 2.5" JBA lift w/ 5.5 UCAs, Bilstiens, MOPAR skids, JCR stage 2 rock rails, Cooper AT3's 255/70/16
Tow Pkg, Frnt tow hooks, Thule roof bars/canoe and kayak carrier, sunroof, pet divider, 115lbs lab


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taking off the air dam?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:37 pm 
Its funny because between the '08-'09-'10 there are so many little changes. I had a few of those little knob screws from your picture, plus like 10 rivets and plastic screws. Theres no way I could have ever just taken off the knob screws and popped it off. It didnt even budge before I found all the little screws.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taking off the air dam?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:11 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:56 am
Posts: 1773
Location: Detroit or Ypsilanti, MI
After 1 minute of struggling to remove it, I just gave up after I saw all the rivets. Not sure how many of them there are, but I just wheeled with it on.

_________________
Me - '17 KL Trailhawk 4x4, Rhino, P245/65R17 Destination A/Ts, Stock Skids, waiting for mods...
Sis - '18 Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4 - Black - Dents - Scratches - STOCK


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taking off the air dam?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:02 pm 
Marlon_JBT wrote:
After 1 minute of struggling to remove it, I just gave up after I saw all the rivets. Not sure how many of them there are, but I just wheeled with it on.


If your talking about a '10 then there are two "turn style" rivets and maybe 3 or 4 round head rivets. The real trick is when your under the bumper, figuring out where the air dam ends and where the back of the bumper is. Then you can push down the tabs and pull. Then it should come right off. I made it a lot more complicated and ended up pulling back a little of the plastic fender to get a better look.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taking off the air dam?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:53 pm 
I dont have a before picture, but heres an after. It just gives a little more clearance.
Image


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taking off the air dam?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
Looks way better :P

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com