kskj wrote:
I was looking at a couple of used Liberty's yesterday. Looking under the hood on one I remembered when I installed the optima battery the battery leads needed to be swapped. One of the ones i looked at (the 04) leads where also swapped and the positive cable was only about a inch from the brake lines. And the optima is a much bigger Battery than the battery in the liberty I was looking at. Hmmmm..........
Glad you're safe and sound and already getting back on the horse - saddling up another KJ right away with all your gear is a real enthusiast!
Don't know about the 04 but my libby's battery cabling and top of the wiring harness are way too short or too tight. Changing batteries or adding auxiliary electrical looks to be a real PITA - and even dangerous. If I do mess around with electrical, might use shielded wearproof high gauge welding wire... perhaps also take a look at starter wire with that in mind.
Not sure where you're looking for wrecks but I have used local auctions, gov't auctions and more recently got access through a buddy at Adesa
(I use Canadian version) http://www.adesa.com and also
http://www.copart.com - seems like you guys in the US have literally thousands of KJs up on the blocks at any time if you add it all up.
Best of luck getting another Liberty!
(Am going to go surf for fire extinguisher prices at my local shops now...)