Hey guys I'm a new member on here I drive a 2002 Jeep Liberty (it's name is chopper) and I love it. I've posted searched and received no answers on any forum. Hopefully you guys can help.
Let me fill you guys in on the story
Couple of months ago, I was driving to work and my engine jumped time
Sent it away and got the engine replaced
Got it back and started it up for the first time and hear a loud clatter noise.
Thought it was my starter so I thought nothing of it. I took it on my first drive and heard it ticking when I let off the gas as well as a rod knock at 2-3k rpm then a week later my oil light keep coming on (scratch that not even a week later)
The company sent a loaded to ce pickup my vehicle free of charge and fix it for free.
Got an email saying spun main bearings on block had to replace block. They replaced all lifters (for my concern for courtesy) and the whole block.
I've had my jeep back for a couple weeks and it runs great. Like new. No power loss, rod knock, anything
However, there is still a ticking. I sent a video (the one I'm going to show you down below) to the company and the engine builder said he was confident that the lifters would pump up. It does sound like lifters to me and my reason being is because when I give it has, nothing. When I let off the gas, the ticking is fast and slows down and nearly goes away at idle.
So what do you guys think of this noise?
Video below:
Also, no CEL, oil light etc and sound is best heard underneat vehicle so I recorded it under the vehicle. Engine is getting its first 500 mile oil change tomorrow
http://youtu.be/4eWsp8OEZKM